All staff and volunteers must follow this policy when working with client data, some or all of which could be classed as sensitive.
These Policies & Procedures apply to all persons involved with Visit From The Stork CIC
- Changes to the Policy
Visit From The Stork CIC reserves the right to change its Privacy Policies & Procedures to maintain consistency with current accepted Best Practice, and otherwise to meet the needs of the business.
Whenever possible Visit From The Stork CIC will give appropriate advance notice of any such changes. Visit From The Stork CIC reserves the right to change Policies & Procedures with minimal or no notice when reasonably expedient to do so.
3. The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address and contact details, ethnicity and housing provider)
- Sensitive information including but not limited to; medical information disclosed willingly and without pressure, Information on dependents, financial information such as details of income & expenditure (for casework clients only), information regarding immigration status.
- How we get the personal information and why we have it:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or a professional you are working with for one of the following reasons:
- You have donated to us
- You have purchased a product from us, for example items from our Stork Store online of physical shop
- You are a client of our services such as Stork Support, family sessions or Stork Connections
- You have subscribed to our mailing list
- You are a professional who works with us; for example an NHS workers who refers a client to us, or a venue that is working with us on the BOOBS Approved scheme
- You have signed up to volunteer with us through one of our services
We use the information you have given us in order to:
- Provide services to clients
- Process donations
- Send out purchases such as items from our Stork Store online shop
- Send newsletters and relevant information to subscribers and cardholders
- Provide information, advice and support to clients
- Liaise with referral agents and venues to meet our end goal
- Report to funders how many volunteer hours have been completed
- Make sure volunteers can be contacted and are kept safe whilst working
We do not share this information outside of our organisation, unless for the direct benefit of a client who has provided their express consent to do so.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018) the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a vital interest.
(c) We need it to perform a public task.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
If you are a client or a volunteer, this information is securely stored on encrypted business cloud file storage by our cloud file storage provider, Google Workspaces. You can find further information on the security here: https://support.google.com/googlecloud/answer/6057301
We keep personal information for as long as it is required. For donors and purchasers, this information is held indefinitely unless you have requested for us to delete it. For mailing list subscribers, this information is held indefinitely unless you have requested to unsubscribe.
For volunteers, this information is held for as long as you wish to remain logged as a volunteer – historic data of hours worked is kept for how long we are required to keep the information for monitoring purposes . For referral agents and clients, this information is held for the duration of your partnership with us or how long we are required to keep the information for monitoring purposes for funders, whichever is longer.
We will then dispose of your information by deletion from the relevant places it is stored (see above).
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us using the contact details at the top of this document.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
If any member of Visit From the Stork staff or volunteer team has any doubt or needs to clarify anything in this policy, please contact our CEO, Kimberly Preston-Bond on firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of original document: 12th July 2022
Date of review: 4th August 2023 updated 09th October 2023
Next review: 5th August 2024